Saturday, May 2, 2009

LET ME FEEL IT

LET ME FEEL IT

A writer once sent a story manuscript to a popular magazine with a request that it be publish in the coming issue. Then he waited for the magazine expecting that his manuscript was included.

When he did not find his story, he angrily approached the editor to complain: “Why did you not publish my story?” He shouted at the editor. “It is very interesting. It is full of adventures with so many suspense portions before reaching the climax. How could you be so mean? How could you be so insensitive? How could you reject such a valuable article?”

The editor calmly responded: “Please relax and let me explain. Yes, your story maybe true-to-life. Yes, it could be interesting and more than all of what you said. But please don’t tell me. Let me feel it. Honestly I did not feel any of those things you said your story was about. If I did then I could have made it the cover story”.

The incident reminded me of some politicians who are proudly telling things and offering tempting promises. Let us all wait for someone we can feel and let us make him our country’s cover story to inspire all of us. Is there anyone around?

1 comment:

summer rain said...

I haven't feel it either..