Tuesday, August 24, 2010

GHOSTLY DOORBELL

GHOSTLY DOORBELL

I bought a doorbell, the one that is wireless with a button to change the more than a dozen melodies and another button to change the volume. With it is a separate little plastic boxlike cage for the battery of the button that triggers the ringing of the bell.

I bought it not to use as a doorbell but rather as a call bell by which I can always carry the trigger button with me while the doorbell itself is attached to a permanent electric outlet.

After using it for several days the trigger button became out of order and couldn’t be repaired. So, I just plugged the doorbell to an outlet at the head side of my bed where I could trigger it by directly pushing the melody button anytime.

One night without touching the trigger button the doorbell rang. I didn’t mind it thinking that dust particles could have triggered it or perhaps droplets of rain entering the window could have caused a spark that triggered the melody.

Another night a few days later I was awakened by a non-stop playing of the melody by itself so I just detached the unit from the outlet to stop it then returned it again for the power. I got used to it that the taking out of the unit from the outlet and then returning it has become a routine.

But one rainy night I was awakened by the voice of a shouting boy coming as if from a radio but to my wonderment it was from the doorbell. I felt a kind of fear all over me so I covered myself with the protective white light of Christ through meditation to calm myself.

I cannot stop wondering how it happened. It was 12:14 in the morning. Did my doorbell pick a radio frequency? But how??? For my peace of mind I completely detached the doorbell from the outlet hoping that in that condition it won’t ring anymore.

1 comment:

summer rain said...

Friendly spirits inhabited the doorbell!