Friday, September 19, 2014

NEW SENIOR TRICK This happened three days ago. I just finished my last gulp of brewed coffee and was about to read the newspaper when I found the page blurring but I wasn’t at all dizzy. The whole surrounding was twirling as If I had too much wine the night before though I was a totally good boy last night. I wasn’t feeling anorexic or unstable but this was the first time I felt this way. It could have been easier and wiser to go back to bed and just rest but it could also bring about fatal consequences. I realized I was just being acquainted to a new symptom probably associated to aging. I tried my forever helpful acupressure by pressing strongly to a point three inches behind the wrist of both arms, alternately, while looking straight to the farthest point, to no avail. Having memorized every part of our house ever since, I inched myself towards my bedroom in the midst of a foggy ‘quirling’ path with the intention of lying flat on bed but on second thought and for fear of early lying flat forever, I slowly took my bamboo walking stick and proceeded to my favorite Netcafe, ever careful not to fall accidentally and be hit by a rushing vehicle. I was able to finish my routine uneventfully. Nature must be rehearsing me for just another senior trick. This must be a prelude to Alzheimer’s coming. Of course he is welcome to pay a visit for as long as he do not stay

No comments: