Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A CHRISTMAS GIFT

A CHRISTMAS GIFT

A most valuable and most important gift for us parents this Christmas is the live and healthy 7th grandchild born on December 17, 2008.

She is the first by our youngest daughter and the first too in the family of her in-laws. She is so much cherished by everyone for sure but the little angel cannot be with us come Christmas day in the province. She is too young and too fragile to travel in the coldness of the season. As a result this is also the first time my wife and I shall be celebrating Christmas “alone” together.

I cannot imagine how it would be for us on Christmas Eve. My wife and I shall be experiencing Noche Buena without any member of the family for the first time. There shall be no noise during exchange gifts after the Noche Buena meal that we used to enjoy together.

Come Christmas Day we already have a reserved Dinner Date at Antonio’s in Tagaytay City, courtesy of our youngest son. I cannot wait for this exhilarating new experience.

The coming Christmas is entirely different form all the other Christmases we’ve before. Perhaps this is God’s way of giving both of us a chance to be with each other as we have never been before even outside Christmas time.

Anticipating the moment creates in me a feeling of unexplained uneasiness very similar to what I felt when we first had our “proposal date” that ended into our whirlwind wedding the following day. That was thirty eight years ago.

The memory of our Romantic Escapades is suddenly awakened by the birth of our newest grandchild, Ma. Chiara Veronica. I know I new chapter in our life is mysteriously unfolding.

Merry Christmas to all the absentee members of our family. May we all have a genuine peaceful and blessed Holiday.

No comments: