Thursday, January 8, 2009

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

I woke up 4:30 a.m. in preparation for the Early Mass to express my Thanksgiving for my Birthday. When I went to Church it was closed and nobody could explain why. One thought loudly: “possibly it will be said in the afternoon after the Novena for the Infant Jesus”

I went home, took my breakfast and planned what to do next. There was fine rain shower and it was pretty cold. I took my blue jacket and decided to go to the Net Café but when I came out I saw the Church’s door was open. So, I entered, offered a prayer of thanksgiving and was about to go to the Net Café when I realized it was already 9:00 O’clock so I went straight to the bus and decided to go to Robinson Dasmariñas.

While in the bus I received a text message from Prof. Jeffrey Lubang telling me that the Cavite Studies group was coming to see me in Alfonso for the finalization of my book. I suggested that they meet me at Robinson, have lunch with me and proceed to Alfonso after. We had light lunch at Greenwich. It was quite a very thrilling way of celebrating my birthday though actually I already promised myself that if I would meet anybody I personally knew I would invite him/her to lunch with me.

I celebrated my Special Birthday with my Special guests: Professor Aquino Ilano Garcia, Professor Jeffry Lubang and Professor Nerissa Monson Villanueva, all of Cavite Studies Center of De La Salle Dasmariñas who are helping me publish my book TINGKORAW: Alfonso’s History and Legend.

We then proceeded to Indang to Barangay Lumapong where an adopted child of Prof. Garcia was studying. We then ended up in Allfonso where I offered them brewed coffee, fruit cake and my secret tea. It was indeed a memorable celebration with lively intellectual discussions all the time.

Earlier I have already acknowledged early greeters composed of family members and friends. Many haven’t forgotten my Birthday which falls on the Feast of the Black Nazarene of Quiapo. What more can I ask?

Tonight my wife is probably coming home as usual every Friday Night and if lady luck is kind and the weather is cooperative there could yet be an extension of the celebration even at my open terrace together with our helpers.

No comments: