Wednesday, January 28, 2009

DIFFICULT QUESTIONS

When Barack Obama was still a toddler I was the moderator of an Inquiry Movement where I dared young boys and girls to ask me any question under the sun. All of a sudden a young boy bravely ventured to ask: "Sir, what do you call the elevator when it is going down?" I thought I was cornered but I quickly gathered my composure and confidently answered him: "It is still called the elevator only it is going down".

He seemingly accepted my answer but only after being encouraged to introduce a new query:"Sir, what does the wind do when it doesn't blow?" It took me longer time to respond... Well, it changes its name into air".

I was reminded of the incident because now that Barack Obama is already the President of the the Superpower, the old questions were still answered the old ways. That child who asked me then maybe a senior citizen by now but the elevator is still the elevator whether going up or going down. The wind only changes its name into air then to wind again depending upon its "mood".

As if nothing has really change. So the economy is going down. Who cares? Like the elevator it will soon go up as there are people who will find ways to make it go up. So what else is new? Why Panic? Even the Intelligence and Charisma of Obama with the added good fortunes brought by the Chinese Earth Ox won't change the natural cycle of Nature and of Life.

We cannot expect Obama and the Chinese Earth Ox to fix everything around us. They are not Superpowers who could use magic and Viola! everything is Ok. If we could all do good things to anybody who need them whenever we have a chance, this world will not go to the dogs.

No comments: