Monday, January 5, 2009

HOVERING MOTH

HOVERING MOTH

Last night while I was watching the Television, a small brown Moth with white band suddenly appeared as if directly from the T.V. screen. It hovered around my head, then around the room and back, this time circling around my legs. It was repeated three times. It did not affect me at all as I just protected my eyes not to get in touch with it because I knew the “dusts” from its wings could injure my vision.

I did not associate it with any superstitious beliefs nor did I try to find any esoteric explanation. I was just wondering how the Moth almost as big as my palm penetrated the window screen. The scientist in me was again awakened. Now, knowing that the Moth’s larvae survives by eating cloths I presumed that the larvae developed among the clothes inside the house and matured there that night that as a “gown-up” moth it need not penetrate the window screen because it grew big inside the house.

But my mind was carried back a few days ago when I saw a white kitten with golden patches inside our fully-screened house (pls. read the Vanishing Kitten), that puzzled me totally up to now. And how about the snake that almost fell on my head while I was brushing my teeth one day?(pls. read the Slithering Devil). These all happened in a fully screen-protected abode.

I tried to evaluate the positive symbolism of the animals that I found inside the house on different occasions. The snake, even during the olden times was already associated with healing and expansion of the consciousness. They were used as guardians of temples and other sacred places. It is said that Mucalinda, the supposed King of Snakes, shielded the Buddha from the elements while in meditation.

The cat on the other hand is a symbol of fertility, bawdy celebration,
sensual pleasure as it is also considered a Sacred Animal. The Moth, aside from its good association with the departed also symbolizes nature and everything beautiful and positive.

I will not be surprised if one of these days I enter my house or wake up in the morning and find an Elephant or a Tiger and yes, an Ox inside. I will greet them politely because I know they shall be bringing good things into my life

FOLLOW-UP:

Two days after when I entered the bathroom I saw the Moth on the wall, its wings tattered, I thought it was dead already. But when I opened the shower it quickly flew and hovered over my head. I opened the door to encourage it to come out but instead it proceeded through an opening leading to ceiling. Well...

No comments: