Friday, September 16, 2011

JUST ANOTHER DAY

JUST ANOTHER DAY

It was already in the morning… supposedly the start of the working hours but at the Glorieta where I go daily to do my internet chatting, all the stalls were still closed. I wanted to take my second cup of coffee but Saddle Rance was also closed like the Beauty Salon at the opposite side and the “Ukay-Ukay” store nearby. The Money Changer was still inactive including the Netcafe Shop where I was supposed to begin my day.
I wonder where everyone was though I was sure it was not a holiday and it was pretty unusual for this place to be like this. The unruly students that used to gather very early where nowhere to be found. Vehicles were busy at the front street but where was everybody to activate the Geleria?
An American national who also frequent the Netcafe came by so while waiting we had a long personal chat on various matters of interest. At the end of our animated conversation we both agreed that Alfonso was indeed a paradise considering everything that happens everywhere.
It was already 9:30 a.m. when the young woman on duty to open the NetcafĂ© shop arrived. She immediately started unlocking about 9 padlocks securing the shop. The last one couldn’t be opened even with the assistance of the other stall owners.
I decided to go home and discovered that the Miss Universe Beauty Pageant was being aired on Television. Miss Philippines was already among the 16 semi-finalist. Then she was chosen among the Five finalist and eventually chosen third runner up. Everytime her name was called she would exhibit that tsunami walk that only she could do gracefully. It was not too bad considering that she was one among the 89 contestants from all over the world. It made my day.

No comments: