Thursday, September 29, 2011

A SIMPLE REQUEST

A SIMPLE REQUEST

One day my gardener verbally told to me his long time dream. He wanted to learn how to drive. Realizing his simple ambition I immediately gave him permission to go to the Department of Science and Technology in Tagaytay where, someone told me they were offering driving lesson together with trouble shooting for Php. 300.00 only.

Accompanied by my regular driver the two went to Tagaytay just to discover that the said Php 300.00 was only the “entrance fee” and that at the end of the course he would spend almost Php 4000.00. So, they moved to a regular driving school where he was charged Php 2,900.00 and was told to start the following Monday.

Monday came so, my excited gardener woke up so early with the enthusiasm of a newly enrolled high school student on his first day of school. He went there at 1:00 p.m. for the starting lesson at 3:00 p.m. At 4:00 p.m. he was back unable to begin the driving lesson. Birth certificate and a personal Identification card were required. But since he didn’t have those credentials he requested for his money back to him but no refund was made.

My poor gardener had to call his family in the province for the Birth certificate while I told him to request for a Postal I.D. at the local Post Office. There was a wrong letter in his birth certificate and an affidavit had to be made to correct that. Meantime to get a Postal I.D. he was required to produce a Community Tax Certificate and a Baranggay clearance.

My gardener had already spent another thousand pesos before he could start his driving lesson. That was after requiring him to pay for his student’s permit. But that was not the end of the story as his Birth Certificate with affidavit correcting the wrong letter wouldn’t be accepted for the issuance of a student’s permit. My poor gardener haven’t started his first driving lesson yet.

No comments: