Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A TYPHOON VISIT

A TYPHOON VISIT

There was power failure the whole night. The rain was non-stop and the wind was crazily blowing hard while typhoon Pedring was devastating many regions of the country.

I woke up feeling good after a pleasant night sleep in the cold of the storm accompanied by the lullaby of the raindrops. I was trying to dramatize in my mind what was best to do in this kind of situation. But first I wanted to know the news of the day. While scanning the pages of a broadsheet the lights went on. The power was back.

I quickly went to my favorite Netcafe shop just to be told that there was no internet on line so I went directly to the nearby eatery where I ordered my second cup of coffee for the day. I noticed that Typhoon Pedring was not kidding. It was producing whizzing, rumbling and every kind of sounds along its way which was all direction in a whirling manner.

I was waiting for the period of calm while taxing my mind with various thoughts. What could President P-Noy be thinking now while state-visiting Japan? What could the care takers of Malacanang be doing now that everybody was asking what to do next? What could affected people in affected areas be feeling during this time of uncertainty?

As far as I could remember this was the first time that what they call typhoon surge attacked like a tsunami reaching higher than coconut trees along Roxas Boulevard, drowning the U.S. Embassy compound.

Thousands of Whys and Whens and Hows were playing in my mind preventing “Alzheimer’s poison” to have a chance to enter my system. Typhoon Pedring left though Typhoon Quiel was not far behind.

No comments: