Thursday, December 27, 2012

A-L-O-N-E…Again? This was not the first time that I was being left alone. This time I no longer wonder why. Just like other normal people, our helpers enjoy vacation during holidays. More so during Christmas Season and so they were all gone to their own hometowns. It was ok if it was not the time when many members of my family came to celebrate the event with us. The Celebration wasn’t diminished in anyway. So, the day after the big event of the Incarnation of Jesus I was left alone, as usual. My bed felt so caring I didn’t want to leave it too soon as I still enjoyed caressing my long pillow, but I was more excited in acquainting myself with the new Apple Ipad gifted to me by my children. I just heated the left-over food for my breakfast. Though I was pretty used to being left alone after the holidays I now realized that having to attend to so many things wasn’t actually that easy and fun. I had to reply to many greeters, look at my NEW Ipad to discover that I wasn’t that computer literate after all. I met many words quite Greek to me and just to avoid disaster by doing something I was not acquainted with, I decided to go to my favorite Netcafe for assistance in using my NEW Ipad. Good that someone patient enough tutored me in dealing with my NEW gadget. Again I heated the still remaining left-over food for my lunch and afterwards excitedly opened my NEW Ipad to practice until I gathered little confidence to use it while gradually learning finer details of the amazing technology that only very few grandfathers have the nerve to try using. Mild rain shower made the situation a bit gloomy and very ‘unchristmassy’. I was beginning to focus my attention to my senior moments saved by the non fulfilment of the prophesized end of the world. My first aid when gloom is hovering and loneliness is inviting me to panic with myself, I started singing a happy tune and all was well again. Who cared if I was alone?

No comments: