Wednesday, June 4, 2008

GOD PROVIDES

GOD PROVIDES

I looked at the birds, but not in the skies where they were protected and provided by God with their needs though they were just flying. They were two tiny and cute humming birds joyfully flapping rapidly their wings while sipping nectar from the equally tiny cute flowers of the Japanese Bougainvillea in front of my terrace.

I was quietly taking my breakfast when I noticed the pretty birds “doing their jobs” in order to live. I quickly got the message: “God provides, yes, but we and the birds must also work to get what we need”.

I was in this mood when I heard the pair of young crows both ‘shouting’: “Uwak…Uwak…!!!” I knew they wanted to eat but they won’t take bananas for food. So they continued ’shouting’ “Uwak…Uwak…!!!”

Crows were supposed to fly high while looking for young chicks for their foods but since these two were not yet strong enough to fly they must learn to adjust with their food habits. I gave them nothing but ripe bananas before I left. They made stronger sounds of disagreement but I didn’t mind. After a while they were quiet.

They learned how to eat bananas as they also learned to like them. They were still shouting “Uwak…Uwak…!!!” but this time they were shouting with joy upon discovery that there were so many other foods around them.

We, people who learned how to eat rice since childhood were panicking because of the scarcity of the valued grains. Let us just look around, because we are surrounded with varieties of food. We only need to do a little “flapping” of our arms, a little “kicking” of our legs…and food shall materialize.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good all the time... God will provide all our needs according to his richest and glory. We should rely to Him all our worries and difficulties in lives, and we will see His works.

Anonymous said...

God is good all the time... God will provide all our needs according to his richest and glory. We should rely to Him all our worries and difficulties in lives, and God will make a way...