Saturday, November 22, 2008

DAILY DRAMA

DAILY DRAMA

While waiting for the Net Café to open, my attention was focused on the entrance of the Mini Galeria where I was sitting alone on a wooden bench. The entrance was about 8 meters wide. At the center was a circular concrete flower “pot” half full of weeds with some violet blossoms peeping out.

In front of it was parked a red van almost covering the Drug Store on the other side of the road. To the left of the Drug Store was a Rice Store where a young man was patiently waiting for costumers.

It was like a stage setting where activities kept on going. Bus, jeepneys, tricycles and people were passing–by. I saw a big truck delivered several sacks of rice. Nearby was a Barber Shop which was idle at the time. Next to it was a newly opened Lotto outlet.

When the delivery truck left I saw the boy in front of big boxes of rice with different price tags. He was just standing alone staring at nothing. I wondered what that boy was thinking but my curious wondering was quickly interrupted by a boy who came-by dribbling a basketball ball.

I realized I was watching a mini-drama in real life happening right in front of me. Stretching my imagination further I saw so many other small live stages showing their own presentations in different manners. These were all happening simultaneously on every spot on the surface of the earth. The earth was alive and the earth was tired. Other planets must be tired too after existing for so many millions of years. There must be an end to everything but it didn’t mean I was anticipating my end. In fact I was enjoying every bit of what remained.

Ohs! Here comes the Net Café operator. I shall be very busy surfing, chatting and e-mailing… my after breakfast routine to monitor my far away children. The drama must continue not only among planets in our Solar System but also in other galaxies far beyond the endless space we know as the Universe. The infinitesimal cosmic impact of the “big bang” still goes on… when it will stop, God Only Knows.

No comments: