Sunday, March 22, 2009

LEAVE IT TO GOD

LEAVE IT TO GOD

My daughter must have told her children that I had a mild ‘stroke’, so, that night my grand daughter texted me: “Lolo, are you ok?”

I replied, “Yes, I am fine”.

She followed up: “Were you deformed?”

I answered, “I was, slightly, but I am well now, Pogi again”.

She followed up further: “Don’t worry. We all love you. We will take care of you. Good night!!!”

I was so touched by those simple but sincere texts from a 7 year old girl. It was so inspiring and so encouraging to hear such kind of words showing concern.

The messages must have served like a kind of healing balm that suddenly made me feel good and brought me a lot of joy. Now I feel assured that at least one of my physical projections already promised to take care of me.

The greatest fears of aging parents especially in this high tech generation is the feeling of being left alone. It happens left and right. Many aging parents are left to themselves or at most with a lousy helper. It is not easily affordable to hire a caregiver or even if it is affordable, caregiver is not always easily available. The Homes For The Aged are disappointingly unreliable.

The deforming effects of that mild ‘stroke’ that affected me was “miraculously” gone. A small ‘embolus’ must have caused it, was dislodge and is now circulating with my blood flow looking for another chance to block another arteriole. God’s ways are really mysterious. For a short while He reminded me of the fragility and uncertainty of life and for another moment He let me realized anew that in His care I am safe and sound.

No comments: