Sunday, March 22, 2009

LIKE A THIEF IN THE DARK

LIKE A THIEF IN THE DARK

It happened a few minutes after midnight of March 22, 2009, the early Dawn of Sunday. I felt a strong urgency to urinate which was not unusual to me as I have been experiencing this for quite a while.

I rose from my bed. I felt I was salivating profusely. I presumed I have eaten something that must have stimulated my salivary glands. But upon lying down my saliva was dripping on my pillow and continued that way till early morning when I was already drinking coffee before going to Mass.

I felt a little weakness but it didn’t bother me as I have also been experiencing it every once in a while.

I walked carefully and slowly on my way to the Church wiping my dripping saliva occasionally. I felt something wrong must have happened. In my mind I mentally reviewed Cerebro-Vascular Accident (CVA) more commonly known In layman’s term as ‘stroke’. If I remembered right the major specific types were (1). Cerebral insufficiency due to transient disturbance of blood flow, or rarely, to hypertensive encephalopathy; (2). Cerebral infarction, due to embolism or to thrombosis; (3). Cerebral hemorrhage. Both ischemic and hemorrhagic tend to come on abruptly. Cerebral Hemorrhage is catastrophic.

As I always do in times like this I deeply inhaled “health vibrations” to be distributed to all parts of my body then breathe out all ailments from my systems. It always worked for me. I felt good that way until the time for the singing of Our Father. I felt that my voice was somehow slurred. I must have been attacked by a mild ‘stroke’. I didn’t entertain fear nor the idea of going to a Doctor for check-up. I was more afraid of what they will do to me once I make consultations.

I would be examined completely and thoroughly and many findings would be discovered. Many medications would be prescribed too. More side effects would surface which will invite more medications and more investigations.

Like a thief in the dark, a mild stroke had stolen a bit of my health.

I continued doing my routine. I went to the Net café alone though more cautious this time. Salivating continued but otherwise I felt good. I could still easily wipe my dripping saliva from the corners of my mouth.

Should anything more than this happen to me anytime, this should not disturb anyone. I have been in this world for quite a while and I am all ready for whatever God desires for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
check out the rest of the Windows Live™. More than mail–Windows Live™ goes way beyond your inbox. More than messages

1 comment:

summer rain said...

It's really like a thief that robs somebody in his most unexpected time.I know how it feels when a family member suffers mild stroke coz my mother had it several years ago.