Monday, November 26, 2007

BIRTHDAY CELEBRANTS

Today is Ninoy Aquino's Birthday. It is also the Birthday of my wife. To me both Ninoy and my wife were very important persons. Ninoy's death triggered the bloodless revolution that eventually drived away the conjugal dictators. My wife's life on the other hand was a revolution in itself.

Like EDSA revolution my wife was atypical in many ways but in her being atypical came out several characteristics not ordinarily encountered among ordinary housewives. The reason was simply because my wife was not ordinary.

When she worked she worked as if everything in this world depended on what she was doing. When she loved, she loved like a newborn baby, enjoying every touch of her mother's hands.

She knew little about great things but she did great things in little ways. She was a very protective mother, sometimes to a fault; naive about culture and trsditional heritages; childlike in her religious beliefs; assertive as a wife; carefree on matters concerning fashion and etiquette. For she was an ordinary woman with extra-ordinary qualities understood only by a loving husband.

No comments: