Tuesday, April 15, 2008

LOOK ALIKE

LOOK-ALIKE

“He is your look-alike! announced my youngest son in reference to my newly born grandson in Australia. “Yes”, I said, “I saw his picture and I recognized that his nose is mine”. “No, even his whole face is yours”, explained my son.

Immediately some very unusual and mysterious creeps traveled all over my body. I couldn’t explain the feeling upon hearing that my first grandson is my look-alike, whether it was mentioned only to encourage me to visit them in Sydney. My mind wondered at some distant dreamland of peace and quiet. I tried to figure out how I looked like when I was a little boy while at the same time I was horrified to imagine any newborn that looks like me now at my ripe age.

At any rate the news boasted my feeling so much. The more I want to see my grandson in person and the more I am disturbed, not really aware of how I will go about it . (Pls. read Grandson in the Global Village). There is now a living projection of myself that makes me qualified to leave this world in peace.

Having a look-alike grandson makes me feel very, very proud and contented. So after all my blood and my genes are that strong to be carried in future generations. Now I can continue what I wrote about “The Portrait of Five Generations”. From Herminigildo Aviñante, the Patriarch, to Fernando, to Gaudencio, to me, to Peter-Jonathan and now to Milo Kanstantin (through Paul and Mykee), the generation portrait shall continue to glow.

It is thrilling to trace the genealogy of our family. I can feel that good traits are passing from generation to generation. I hope that the hurrying world now will not obstruct the flow of our good genetic trait. Somebody in the family must continue following up our blood and genes while we also continue sharing them with others, blood and genes for the improvement of the race in this fast whirling and technologically perplexed society.

Welcome to the Clan, Milo Konstantine Policarpio Aviñante. Carry our flag. For many years we carefully and proudly preserved our name. Be a good boy. I want you to perpetuate most of my positive attitude and good outlook in life. Be a good athlete too, like your Tito Otan and your Dad Paul; Have interest in sculpture and carpentry and be culturally concerned like your great grand “Lolo Gauden”; Be musically inclined and enjoy the arts like your great, great grand “Lolo Adong”; But most of all be a good leader with genuine community involvement and concern like your great, great, great, grand “Lolo Gildo who had been twice a Gobernadorcillo of Alfonso, Cavite.

No comments: