Saturday, April 26, 2008

TO BE REMEMBERED

TO BE REMEMBERED

“If you want to be remembered when you die, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing” said someone, sometime. In my case I honestly don’t care whether I am remembered or not when I leave this world. What is more important to me is if I am not forgotten while still alive.

But of course it brings good feelings when you know that some people are reading what you are writing no matter if they only do that out of courtesy if not by accident.

Since blogging has become common I enjoyed writing my thoughts that I entered into my blogspot whenever I feel like doing so. After all not all senior citizens are capable of doing that no matter how popular or intelligent they were once upon a time. Most septuagenarians are alien to the internet and other helpful “toys”.

I know many are reading my blogs because they tell me and sometimes request for more. At least I am assured that somehow I am still remembered because I force them to do so.

It thrilled me to the bones when a competent writer told me one day that she wanted to write about me and what I am doing with my life. I have no idea what she is going to write about me but I trust her because she is a reputable journalist that contributes to an American Journal.

Many have offered to write about me before but being the shy person that I am I refused the offers as I also refused some TV appearances. As it is I am happy within my cloistered haven where I can help a lot of anonymous people presenting different problems needing my help, approval, suggestion or at time simple consoling words.

There is nothing more rewarding for me than being able to share a bit of myself to people who need it. It is therefore immaterial whether I write things worth reading or do things worth writing. I am aware that when I leave this world, whether I like it or not, sooner or later, I will be forgotten. My good genes are already flowing freely to my descendants; mingling with other equally good genes guaranteed to perpetuate goodness for a long, long time.

No comments: