Friday, February 22, 2008

TOUR OF DAVAO

We went to Davao where we celebrated our 26th Wedding Anniversary. It wasn’t that Davao had any special attachment to our relationship, but rather it was an opportunity offered to us in a silver platter through a free round plane ticket courtesy of Grand Air. It was one of the fringe benefits enjoyed by my daughter Brinna Zita as employee of Grand Air.

Not only the parents but the brothers and sisters who were below 23 years of age were given free ticket too.

Davao was one interesting place I have long wanted to see just like the other popular parts of the Philippines. That time and even up to now I haven’t seen Baguio even after eight attempts that were all aborted due to some unnecessary circumstances beyond my control. My curiosity about the different tourist attractions of the country was as fresh as that of a child. The mere thought of the travel made me feel very young.

For a gift to my wife I framed one of our romantic pictures taken at Parko Valentino in Turin, Italy when we went there. I brought it with me with the intention of surprising her when she wakes up on January 13th seeing our picture on top of her bedside table.

What we did was par t of our agreed plan – to tour the Philippines so as not to become a “dayuhan sa sariling bayan”. That free ticket privilege would surely bring us to different places, not only in the Philippines but to other countries as well. We wanted to enjoy life while we were still capable. I have seen a lot of couples who didn’t give themselves a chance to enjoy even if they have all the time and the money. Most of them repented afterwards when they turned too old and sickly to t ravel anywhere. In our case even our children were in complete agreement in what we were doing.

No comments: