Thursday, February 28, 2008

UNIQUE AND BITTER PILL

UNIQUE
Nov. 12, 1993 – 10:00 a.m.

After indulging quite lengthily on aging pains and aging fears I now want to shift myself on the positive end of life’s pole. I’ll talk and write about aging gains and aging cheers. There are of course, countless.

Only a happy Old,Old or Over Old can truly exude genuine dignity. It is therefore not good for someone maturing chronologically to be pre-occupied with self-pity. This will result only to poor or diminished self-esteem. One must always maintain a high opinion about oneself. After all there is nobody else in this world exactly like you. God purposely created you so different from everybody else so you will be proud of yourself.

What you have learned cannot be unlearned anymore. Your wisdom is your personal brand. Nobody else is as wise as you are. What you know may be different from what others know but you certainly know thousands of things that others do not know.

It is very pleasant to realize that I am unique; that I am different from all the rest of mankind; that in this world there is only one like me. God must have a very good reason for creating me as I am. At my age I have my own special mission in life.

BITTER PILL
Nov. 14, 1993 – 7:30 p.m.

The facts of life, many times, are bitter pills that are very difficult to swallow.
Yesterday, someone related to me the very sad experience of once very popular and very rich doctor. His name during the height of his career was deafening as a thunder. Because of his immense earnings he was considered very successful. He was actually the envy of many of his colleagues in the medical profession.

Through the earnings of his hospital he was able to invest in many other businesses such as banks, lumber and hardware, real estate, say it and he had it. All his children were living a good life.

But one day he had stroke”, was paralyzed and since then everything in his life got paralyzed too. His spoiled children and grand children all grew up unconcerned, carefree and non-compassionate. All his equally popular friends, started leaving him. He was left to the care of paid servants. Even his wife did her things left and right not at all trying to improve the family situation.

When he shared his life story and what happened to him to that someone who told me the story, he was crying, full of bitterness, perhaps regrets. He even attempted to commit suicide.

What he experienced is a great lesson to remember.

No comments: