Thursday, October 18, 2007

DREAM RECALL

Recalling a dream is not always easy. This morning when I woke up I was reminded of a very interesting dream which I promised myself to record in writing after breakfast. It is now after breakfast that I am writing this and as I try to reconstruct my dream I found out that I am looking at a blank memory.

Now it is appearing piece by piece. I ate at a certain restaurant with some friends, two of them were "balding" like me. I remember that I paid quite too much for what I ate but a lot of money was still left in my pocket.

Then with the same friends I went to see a kind of concert and we were already at the hall waiting for the performance when we realized that the performers were not yet ready. I went back to my house to fetch my wife and my eldest daughter who at that time were still sleeping.

So, I found myself in a balcony of "our house" which was not in anyway similar to our real house. I saw some performers (the church choir) coming to do a rehearsal with me. Finally when all was ready for the beginning of the show I woke up.

Dreams are wish fulfillment. True indeed, I am missing those chats with peers in a restaurant. I am missing too, those cultural and variety shows that I used to see with my friends. Yes, I miss rehearsals of presentations where I usually direct and sometimes be a part of the show. My love for things beautiful, the arts, the cultural heritages are all trying to jump out from my mind.

No comments: