Friday, October 19, 2007

METAPHYSICS

One morning I woke up early, fixed myself at once in preparation for my early visit to my ophthalmologist.

I called my secretary in the office to find out if anybody requested for an appointment. It was good that there was none for then I said I could easily join my wife and my children on their way out so I could quickly go for an eye check up.

A 'kumpadre' called up to inform me that his brother was coming early, bringing with him some important documents we needed to close a sale of a lot along Tagaytay ridge. So, when my family left I stayed at home to wait for him. Meantime while waiting I read "Man and Metaphysics" by Donald H. Yett. It was all about the cosmic power and the cosmic consciousness.

I didn't expect to read important ideas I have been entertaining a long time ago as a great possibility, in fact already a reality, like the idea that our universe is merely an atom in the structure of the unlimited body of the absolute (God). When we say God is everywhere it is because the whole universe is God. God is limitless because the universe is limitless. And many other ideas so deep and so overwhelming that the ordinary mortal will find very difficult to comprehend. The book somehow absorbed me and of course the man I was waiting for never came. If that was cosmic order, who am I to question?

No comments: