Sunday, October 7, 2007

ILLUSIONS

Illusions are configurations that one see instead of the real images. It is the misleading profile presented to the vision. It is a mistake idea. Illusions are not uncommon. They are experienced anytime, anywhere by anybody but more specially at night or when the place is not fully illuminated.

While jogging one early evening I saw an angel hovering over the gate of one house. I thought it was a huge toy or a caricature hanged there by the owner. As I came closer, I saw the angel moved gracefully, lighted only by the pale moonlight. It was only when I got close enough that I realized it was only an illusion formed by the overlapping shadows and leaves plus other factors.

I think ghosts, that many people see are illusions specially when the person concerned is already hoping or anticipating to see one... His mind works in such a way that what he imagines becomes a reality through the power of "Illusionism".

Sometimes I am beginning to entertain the idea that everything we see and everything that happens in this world are only illusions. The reality are deeply hidden in the hallow recesses of the subconscious mind.

Aside from optical illusions, there are many other forms of illusions, like what I experienced one time when a doctor promised to pick me up for a tripping to Cavite to see the lot that he was planning to buy. He never came or called up to cancel his appointment. Even that doctor could possibly be just an illusion.

No comments: