Monday, October 15, 2007

VEGETARIANS

Fruits and vegetables are good. Vegetarians are insisting that carnivorous people or the meat-lovers get sick easily. They argue that fruits and vegetables contain all the necessary ingredients for healthful existence. To prove their point they cite monkeys as a good example... surviving very well with only fruits and vegetables.

Meat is a good source of proteins, which serves as the body building materials used in the maintenance of health. But they say meat is also rich with toxins and other poisons that give rise to many ailments.

I agree that fruits and vegetables are good for our health but to an ordinary individual they are not always available. Only the very rich can really afford to buy variety of fruits and vegetables to keep their meals enjoyable.

Much as I want to be a vegetarian myself I am always force by circumstances to take other kinds of food specially with consideration to our social life style.

I am not embarrassed to admit that I haven't tasted the popular 'durian' but I am proud to say that while some people haven't seen 'chicomami', I have been fed up with it since my childhood. After all few have really seen and eaten 'sapinit', a wild cherry.

No comments: