Tuesday, October 2, 2007

HAUNTED HOUSE ???

There was no buzzer or doorbell around. I instead saw advertisements written on styrofoam: Ice Candy for sale; Spicy pusit for sale; Spicy dilis for sale! All the notices indicated a busy housewife was living inside.

Knock, Knock! Silence...Knock, Knock, Knock! Silence... accross the street I saw a laundry woman looking at me so I approached her to inquire about the person I was looking for.She said that the owner just left to go somewhere but shall possibly come back very soon as usual. So, with my driver, I waited.

Yet just five minutes ago, the phone, the landline was busy. Yesterday, the phone was busy from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. then at 4:00 p.m. it rung but no one answered.This morning I presumed that the owner is at home as the phone was busy.

After half-hour wait I returned to my house and dialed the landline of the house where I just came from. It was busy. It could be a case of phone disorder but still there was something weird and eerie in that house when I peeped through the windows. I was supposed to examine an insurance applicant living in that house. He worked at the Manila Hotel at night and comes back home at 7:00 a.m. I was there at 9:00 a.m.

No comments: