Wednesday, October 24, 2007

FEELING SICK

Mind power can be truly boggling as shown by the patient who consulted me one morning. He was complaining of clogged nose, sore throat, coughing episodes, hemorrhoids, small penis, not fully descended testes. His complaints are not uncommon but his attitude was the one that really counts. He felt very sick.

He believe he couldn't be relieve by any medications. He believed his penis was too small in circumference and too short in size and that his pubic hair was so thin. He thought the people are laughing at him.

He said he had spend a lot for medications but he felt that even the vitamins didn't do him any good. I suggested that he undergo hypnosis so I could persuade him to realize and discover his true assets.

Patients like him are many. I think they consist about 85% of patients seeking doctor's advice. They are the ones who really needed hypnotherapy but the irony of it is that instead of going to a Hypnotherapist they'd rather shop for doctors which unfortunately cannot cure them. The few who accidentally met my way were luckier. They sometimes get rid of their symptoms in one or two sessions. Speaking of this patient, it took me long to convince him to undergo hypnotherapy and now he is my most grateful patient.

No comments: