Tuesday, October 2, 2007

EXCITEMENT

The other day I met a young couple. They were not really young for the woman was 31 years old. I didn't ask the man's age but he looked younger than the woman. Together they looked like friendly teen-agers, I didn't even suspect that they already have a child.

I enjoyed watching them as they jumpily giggled around the house, and told them so, as I gave them a parting advice: " I am truly fascinated by your joyfulness and a bit of carelessness, please don't quarrel".

Generally, newly married couples are happy. They are usually full of hope and future anticipations. If all couples could only be guided accordingly this world will be a little sunnier, a little happier and a little better.

Mine was a whirlwind wedding. The whole community predicted that our relationship at most could last only for six months. But we survived because whenever there is that temptation to make it quits I always tell my wife that through my counselling I have save a lot of marriages and I couldn't allow ours to go to the dogs. Last January 13, we celebrated our 37th Wedding Anniversary with five professional children and five happy grandchildren.

Perhaps what this world needs is more guidance counsellors, more seminars and more work shops on family life, but all these things would only be possible if the country's economy is enough to give every worker a decent and good-paying job.

No comments: