Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Protective White Light

We were on our way home one time, to the province via South Superhighway. As we turned toward Carmona interchange we heard a cracking sound as if the car's door was improperly locked. On checking, we discovered that our tubeless tires just burst. The driver changed the tire but it was 6:30 p.m. when darkness was beginning to blanket the world. The thought that we would be traversing Carmona, which that time have only few houses and many squatters, kept me a bit apprehensive.

Stopping on the spot for a longtime at night could be dangerous because of some unreasonable squatters in the area. And I knew that I only have my little penlight to use just in case, made me greatly scared while traveling without spare tire.

During moments like this, I try to dramatize my ideas, thinking of what is best to do depending upon the scenarios. As always, I have already surrounded the whole van and all of us inside with the protective white light of Christ. I repeated the mental visualization and felt secured. Before I knew it we were already at Aguinaldo Highway toward Silang. But it was raining and the night was dark.

Tagaytay was foggy that night. We could hardly see anything aside from the white line at the center of the road. I explained to my son the importance of tht white line which ordinarily doesn't seem to have any value at all.

My son enjoyed the "dreamlike" trip while we pass through cold "clouds". We forgot we didn't have spare tire until we reached home safe and sound.

No comments: