Monday, March 3, 2008

GETTING RID OF VERTIGO

GETTING RID OF VERTIGO
Jan. 26, 1999

I woke up at around 2:00 a.m. with severe vertigo (This is a subjective feeling as if I am rapidly turning around while falling down into an endless pit). I was scared specially when I tried to stand up and realized that I also lost my equilibrium. It was the drunken feeling of someone who took too much wine except that I didn’t.

As a doctor I knew it resulted from a disturbance somewhere in the equilibrating apparatus. Vestibule’s semi-circular canal; the 8th nerve; the vestibular muscle in the brain stem and their temporal lobe connections; and the eyes.

It was definitely not toxic disorder resulting from too much alcohol, nor was it due to streptomycin or opiates. I don’t know if it was psychogenic in nature as I wasn’t in state of hysteria. It wasn’t motion sickness too as I was sleeping when it happened.

Could it be ocular? When did I have my last eye check up? Possible…I hope it was only due to refraction problems.

It could also be otogenic or due to some middle ear defect. I thought I have been a little deaf for quite a time, besides I also have mild tinnitus or ringing in the ear. I prayed that it was not hematogenic as a result of leukemia involving the labyrinth.

What I fear most though was tumor of the pons (a part of the brain) or the cerebello-pontine angle of the 8th nerve.

Symptoms of laberynthine disturbances such as nystagmus, past-pointing, inability to walk straight, peripheral vertigo (paroxysmal or episodic attack of vertigo separated by normal interludes).

Symptoms of cocklear nerve involvement: unilateral deafness and tinnitus.

Symptoms of CNS disease: Persistent vertigo, disequilibrium with nystagmus, gait disturbance, vertical or rotatory nystagmus.

Symptoms of Miner’s disease: Sudden sporadic attack of vertigo, tinnitus, deafness, nausea and vomiting.

Whatever was the cause or origin of that vertigo attack I tried to find a relax position and did mental visualization. Then I suggested to myself that every time I breath in, I inhale health, vigor and vitality. Every time I breath out,. I exhale impurities, poisons, toxins, pathogenic micro organism and everything harmful to my body, out into the outer space where they cannot harm anyone anymore. I repeated that saying that every time I perspire, spit out, fart, urinate or defecate I also throw away out into the outer space toxins, poisons, impurities, pathogenic micro organism and everything harmful to my body. I repeated the procedure while mentally visualizing that portion by portion my vertigo was being thrown out. It worked, I felt good. I was cured.

No comments: