Sunday, March 2, 2008

MEDICAL PRACTICE

MEDICAL PRACTICE
Oct. 19, 1994

For more than thirty years I have been a medical practitioner. In the practice of my profession I have been exposed to all kinds of people, both the patients and the healthy ones. Young and old, rich and poor, the educated and the charlatans all had a chance to be treated or attended by me somehow.

The practice of medicine has many challenges and it varies depending upon the sector of society I am dealing with. The common denominator is negative in nature. People come to a doctor to complain about aches, pains, discomforts, sufferings, injuries,
frustrations, disappointments, desperation and not very uncommon the resulting death.

The doctors’ duty is to give relief, comfort, understanding, care, protection, moral support or even spiritual guidance in many occasions. I can say that in my case I have exerted and given my best effort.

In preparation for retirement I want to get rid of the negative vibrations surrounding the medical practice. That is the reason why I now shun hospital practice. Instead, I indulged in running an office-clinic. But I am more occupied as a medical examiner of Philmlife and Sunlife of Canada.

As medical examiner, I am exposed to different people, mostly well to do, the reason why they can afford to buy insurance. And because they are well to do they seem happier, at least externally and so they emanate more positive vibrations. Furthermore the job is not boring. I am picked by different agents to go to different places to examine different people.

From every agent I learn many things, as they also learn many things from me. Our conversations are mostly enjoyable and educational. From different agents and different clients I am also exposed to various colorful characters that more often than not, make my day.

I am very seldom under pressure because all my services are by appointment and on first come, first serve basis. I can also feel that agents mostly enjoy my company. There are some who are not very interesting but of course I don’t expect all sunshine and no rains in what I am doing .

At the end of the day I can always claim some kind of achievement that serves as my battery that energizes my whole being in preparation for another good day after a relaxing night sleep.

Every now and then someone comes for hypnotherapy, another activity that I enjoy doing. The reason why hypnotherapy is often misunderstood is because the result is sometime too good to be true. It is like a magic potion that cures many ailments. It is a pity and so regrettable that many cannot or doesn’t avail of this very important scientific tool towards peace of mind. No two hypnotherapy patients are exactly the same. The different approaches that I do are all very challenging and a good mental calisthenics, not to say very rejuvenating.

No comments: