Saturday, March 29, 2008

SNEEZNG TO TRAVEL

SNEEZING TO TRAVEL

Sneezing is a simple and common involuntary act of the healthy body to shield foreign microorganism from entering the nostrils and eventually the lungs. It is a protective reaction but superstitious belief in some western countries say that when one sneezes a piece of the soul is thrown away and that is why your seat mates say “God Bless You” to prevent entry of the devil

Instead of “God Bless You” it is more appropriate to say “Good for you” because it means the sneezer’s defense mechanism is still strong enough to drive out invading organisms. Yet, it is one useful body reaction that most of the time brings embarrassment to the sneezer especially during a very formal dinner when everybody has to chorus in saying “God Bless You” with a notable irritation.

I did not give much attention to such an ordinary incident until Bird Flu, SARS, and other communicable diseases became rampant almost globally that travelers has to be thoroughly checked before allowing to fly.

Anyone who sneezes a few times uncontrollably is confined at the quarantine area for a few days.

Being an allergic sneezer, I suddenly got scared to travel for fear of being quarantined for a few days. My fear is doubled by the scare of terrorism that prevents travelers from bringing simple metallic objects such as a nail cutter or a razor blade. How can I ever enjoy traveling without my mini Swiss knife and without sneezing at least seven times during unpredictable moments?

Suffice it to me now to travel extensively through books, magazines and Television shows. That way, I will never be quarantined or be a victim of plain crash, hijacking, kidnapping or terrorism. It is less expensive too. Thanks to my sneezing habit (or is it an ailment?)… I now do Astral Travel in my easy chair. It is safer, more enjoyable and more educational. You only need to know how to protect your connecting cord.

No comments: