Monday, March 3, 2008

MIRACLE

A MIR ACLE
March 20, 1996

I was a witness to a miracle. It started yesterday when Letty Meim inviteed me to go to her house today at around 6:30 p.m. I asked why and she said “Catrmelo” was coming. Carmelo who? Well, anyway I came. A few minutes later some other friends arrived. Around 15 of us came. The couturier Aureo Alonzo came with a young man so simple he was wearing only a cheap T-shirt. He was Carmelo.

Not long afterwards, chairs were arranged in a semi-circle to face an altar near the swimming pool. Once we were all seated, Carmelo took two roses from the base, both of which have closed petals yet. He gave them to Mrs. Meim and requested her to concentrate and make a wish.

He started praying, not the Rosary, for it was a series of Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be, sometimes forgetting the Glory Be or the Hail Mary.

I was wondering what was going on and why I was there in the first place. Previous to this, Carmelo asked if we have rosaries and since most of us didn’t bring a Rosary, Mrs. Meim provided us with those luminous plastic Rosaries that she frequently distributes to friends and relatives.

After the prayer that did not last very long, Carmelo detached the petals of the roses that Letty Meim was holding and started putting a petal to each one’s chest asking us to hold it in place with our right hand. We were then requested to sing “Come Holy Spirit” which, incidentally was not known to the others. I was the only one who continued up to the end.

Meantime, Carmelo was putting his right hand over each one’s head. When everybody have been given a petal and have been under his right hand, he requested us to get the petals from our chest and look through it.

It was amazing, each one saw an imprint of either the Virgin Mary, Jesus Christ, St. Joseph and other Saints in different positions. Mine was that of the Virgin Mary of Guadalupe, as she manifested to a peasant in Guadalupe, Mexico. It was so clear that even the details of the robe could be appreciated.

But that was not all. Carmelo requested Mrs. Meim to get any empty glass then told her to fill it with water from the pool. We were all looking at what was happening. Then he required us to bring out our rosaries on our palms and one by one he poured a little of the water from the pool. The water suddenly turned oily, similar to that ordinary baby oil except that our rosaries were made to smell like a thousand blooms.

Well, according to Carmelo, when he was scientifically investigated in New York the finding was that it could only be physically possible with use of laser beam and to do it would incur millions of pesos especially in a situation like the gar den of Letty Meim.

We were told to put the petal in between pages of the bible until dry. I kept mine that way for two weeks. When I took it out the Lady’s portrait was still very clear. I decided to have it laminated f or posterity.

At Robinson’s Galeria I saw a man manipulating a laminating machine so I asked him if it would be alright to laminate a dry petal. When he answered yes I quickly requested him to do so. First, the laminated petal won’t come out of the machine. I felt nervous that I might have offended the Virgin. When it came out, it was inserted the second time, I was so downhearted because when I looked at it, the lady’s portrait disappeared. I regretted so much why I submitted it for lamination that possibly cooked the petal.

I went inside the EDSA Shrine where the Blessed Sacrament was exposed. After my regular prayer to the Blessed Sacrament I said: “If it was God who allowed the portrait of the Virgin Mary to appear on the petal, Jesus please ask Your Father, the most powerful God, to bring it back”.

When I looked at the petal afterwards the portrait was there as clear as ever. What turned out blurred only were the stars around the crown of the lady, which were very clear before the lamination.

WAIT ING FOR ANOTHER MIRACLE
June 4, 1996

Last May 20, 1996 I accidentally left my wallet in a taxcicab. In it were some cash, all my ATM & Credit cards, all my ID cards, My lapis lazuli that I bought from Greece and most of all the laminated petal of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Now, with the Virgin Mary’s portrait in the lost wallet, I am very confident that it would return to me. There is nothing in that wallet that says where my exact address is except for the Ayala Alabang Resident’s ID where the Telephone number of AAVA office is written.

Yesterday, June 3, 1996 when I again visited the Blessed Sacrament at the EDSA Shrine I was glad when I saw the image of Our Blessed Lady of Guadalupe enshrined at the side altar.

I prayed to the Blessed Sacrament and the Blessed Virgin Mary that since God allowed her to be imprinted in my petal, to please return to me through the lost wallet, whoever was the kindhearted person, who found it. God please give me back my petal.

(Note: It is now March 3, 2008 that I am rewriting this miraculous experience
still hoping that the petal shall come back to me)

No comments: