Tuesday, March 18, 2008

SHOULDER-TO-CRY-ON

SHOULDER-TO-CRY-ON

While chatting at the internet I always offer myself as a shoulder-to-cry-on to those chatters who have problems that they cannot tell their parents, teachers, love ones or friends. The offer somehow sounded so magnanimous and so inviting that immediately it actually became so popular in different chat windows.

One time while I was offering some practical suggestions to a psychotic Indian national, my own chat room was opened by a young boy from Sweden who was complaining because his parents couldn’t understand his “very ordinary escapades”.

The Indian national was so paranoid. He thought that gods and goddesses were chasing him because of his immoral sexual activities. I was talking to them alternately when a friend on my IRC account who was chatting from Sydney, Australia came up feeling so sad and suicidal because his girlfriend requested for a break up. I have to give him more attention while occasionally giving comments and opinions to both the Indian and t he Swedish chatters.

Every thing was going on smoothly. I felt so elated that I was handling the three cases effectively. It was truly enjoyable to share stocked knowledge to people who really need them.

At that point I received a text message from Tacloban City: “give me one reason to dance as I am crying without reason”. To me it was quite a challenging request. I texted back: “You are a unique person. Nobody else in this world is exactly like you and you should dance to that!” He replied: Thanks kuya, your message saved me.

The suicidal from Sydney, Australia was already feeling good when he realized that it was not the end of the world. He was quickly enlightened by my explanation that, “when everything else is lost, the future still remains and the future has everything. It is for you to grab the best”.

The name of the Swedish boy was high lighted but it was his mother on line asking me: “What did you tell my son? He suddenly became a saint, asking forgiveness while kissing me so lovingly as he never did before. You are simply so good…thank you Sir“.

The Indian national was already beginning to calm down when my land line rang. A caller from Marikina City was crying, just crying …until my shoulders were figuratively soiled. It all happened in two hours of chatting in the internet.

A few days later, the telephone rang and from the other end I heard the voice of the former suicidal lover who came all the way from Sydney, Australia to personally thank me that he is still alive and with his girlfriend.

No comments: