Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A chance to do good

A couple of days ago I was on my way home from a friends's house. I encountered a middle-aged women carrying a plastic bag of goodies. She suddenly held my shoulder and before I could say anything she almost collapsed.

I learned that while walking she felt dizzy and fell down on the road. She was almost run over by a passing jeepney. She showed a large angry wound below her right knee still bleeding.

Fortunately we were in front of a Pharmacy. So, I bought antiseptic , cotton, etc. for her wound then I gave her paracetamol to take immediately for her pain. When she felt good she proceeded home after assuring me that she could take care of herself.

The tricycle driver who saw everrything told me: "You are very good doing that to someone you just accidentally met". I retorted, "If I were'nt around what would you have done?"
Possibly, he would just left the woman in pain while escaping away with his tricycle.

There are always opportunities to do good and whenever I have a chance I always do good to people who need it.

No comments: