Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Little MIracles

I was already beginning to feel irritated. It was already past 10:00 a.m.. I had an agreement with my wife tha she would come back before 10:00 a.m. so we could be on time to meet our son who was then coming out from a retreat at La Sallette in Silang, Cavite.

Then I saw a mango leaf falling gently down from the twig where it just detached itself. It hanged for awhile on top of another branch before it finally fell down. In that simple miracle I saw God's power. I realized that perhaps my wife was also trying her best to be on time but several other miracles were possibly happening along the way that prohibits her from being back too soon.

I knew my son might be coming out without parents to meet him much more, without food to eat. But I was confident that through God's miracle he would be provided and he would understand even if we came late to fetch him.

If a little falling leaf could temporarily be prevented by a little obstacle to fall down the ground directly, I was sure God had a very good reason to delay the coming of my wife on expected time.

Waiting could kill but if you leave to God the decision you will feel good. Later, in spite of everything that happened we arrived just before my son came out from the closing mass. This happened in 1991 but I still remember.

No comments: