Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Instant Editor

I have just swallowed my first bite of lunch when my helper told me about several persons waiting for me at the terrace. I went down and immediately noticed some pious ladies, we locally call 'manangs' waiting for me

The spokesperson quickly flattered me by saying that they were there for something only me can correctly do. As it turned out one of them just composed a song for Saint Claire but the Parish Priest objected to some phrases and words. So, I was supposed to do some editing as I was known for that kind of job.

After reading the song I thought I could easily compose a new one with entirely new text but they didn't want to hurt the feelings of the original lady who wrote the lyrics.

I was supposed to revise and edit the song but at the same time must keep intact the supposed ideas of the original writer.

It was not a very easy job, but as always, people came to me for jobs not easy to do.

This was another mental calisthenics that challenged my mentality. But I was not complaining for this was also my way of preventing Alzheimer's disease.

No comments: