Thursday, July 26, 2007

Professional Rape Victim???

I was surfing the internet at one corner of the principal's office of a private school nearby. From the corner of my eye I saw a familiar lady with a pretty face entered and proceeded directly to the principal.

I overheard her telling an incident involving her newly hired maid who, I learned later, was recommended by the principal about a month ago.

I gathered from her side of the story that the maid reported to the police for she was allegedly raped by the fiancee of the pretty lady. After a long talk the principal called my attention and was invited to join them. I listened and later offered my two cents worth of advice. I told her to first keep cool, calm and collected because in gossipy cases like this "if you lose your head you eventually lose the case". Then I reminded her that a court case is always long, expensive, tiresome, full of hassles and at the end the loser is left naked while the winner is also left only with her underwear.

I also gave my own impression of the possibility that the maid was probably a member of a syndicate who could be a "professional rape victim". Although I didn't discharge the possibility that she was really raped. The lady was still fuming with anger, feeling that she was greatly abused by that maid in spite of how they treated her with kindness.

I reminded her never to quarrel with people below her level because "being more intelligent than them, you will have to argue in their level, and in their level, they will always beat you", I said.

Anyway I allowed her to ventilate whatever was in her mind. Her sister was just quietly listening, interrupting every now and then. She said she was a practicing catholic who believes in intercessions of saints, so, I advised her to seek the intercession of St. Dimas for instant resolution to her problem. St. Dismas was the saint instantly canonized by Jesus Christ before He died on the cross. When He said to the "good thief", "Amen, amen, I say to thee: Today, you will be with Me in Paradise". I finally cheered the lady by telling her that after all the confusions, the hassles and the misunderstandings, she should be thankful, simply because she was not the maid.

No comments: