Sunday, July 8, 2007

EMERGENCY

EMERGENCY

I was a new graduate then running a small clinic in our town. That particular day I closed my clinic to attend to something very important. I was riding a jeepney and while at a highway in
Tagaytay I suddenly saw a man covered with blood all over his face and crawling upwards on the grassy side of the street.

He met a vehicular accident. His car slided on the wet street and turned turtle to a nearby shallow ravine.

I told the jeepney driver to stop so we could help the man who was visibly in distress. We brought him to the jeepney and back to my clinic.

After cleaning the injuries I realized that they were only less serious physical injuries, so, after applying what were needed and giving him prescriptions I allowed him to go home back to Manila.

After a week he returned to my clinic and that was the only time he told me that he was the owner of a glass factory. He was paying me for my services but I did not accept because what happened was an accident and I would have done what I did whoever happened to be injured.

It happened many years ago. I am now many years retired and it makes me feel good to recall those interesting experiences that gave me many chances to be of help

No comments: