Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Anticipating

Anticipation is looking forward to something. It is the expectation of a thing to come. To anticipate is good because it means preparing, readiness and putting up one's best in relation to the coming eventualities.

Anticipation could be a cruel feeling sometimes like when one is anticipating a confrontation with an angry person or when one is anticipating the death of a very sick love one. Yet, more often it could mean fiesta as when one is anticipating a celebration, a party, yes, a real fiesta.

Different persons has different styles of anticipating depending on what the one concerned is looking forward. A businessman who anticipates a good deal is floating on air at the moment but a student expecting the result of a difficult examination could be jittery and nervous for days.

To a sick patient who anticipates the coming of a doctor the feeling brings about hope; to a lover anticipating a "yes" from his love one the moment could be eternal.

To me, anticipation is invigorating. I always prepare too early and not very uncommonly I am disappointed. But this morning I have a feeling that what I am anticipating is going to happen.

It has been my experience that the fulfillment of what I am anticipating can always result to a good day. It makes me enjoy working and my feeling of achievement is stronger.

No comments: