Tuesday, August 7, 2007

God Says NO!

When I decided to marry at the age of 35 nearly 38 years ago, I asked God's guidance. I requested Him that if it would be good for me, and if it would be for the greater glory of God, to "please send me the right woman to be my wife".

God sent me a simple woman who was the exact opposite of all that I dreamed off before I requested for God's help. I wanted an only child but God said no and sent me the 10th child in a family of thirteen.I wanted a homebody but again God said no and sent me a woman who was always outside the house doing business as insurance agent, a Realtor, a home decor seller, a buy-and-sell business woman who needed to be out most of the time. I wanted a wide-reader, well-rounded and well-informed mother of my children but still God said no and sent me a wife who barely have time to read or even if she had , wasn't at all interested. God was so wise. He sent me not the woman I wanted but the woman I needed and we survived pretty well after all those trying years.

So, like Theodore Bovet with whom I agreed when he said:
"I have bound myself for life;
"I have made my choice;
"From now on my aim will not be
"To choose a woman who will please me,
"But to please the woman I have chosen".

No comments: