Friday, August 31, 2007

BOOK LOVER

It was not a big book and it was not expensive but to me it was very important. I needed it then but I couldn't find it. I used to keep it inside my drawer as it was my constant reference but it wasn't there when I looked for it.

The missing book started a series of irritations in the house as I started picking and throwing books from shelves and drawers just to end up empty-handed. I just learned a new lesson: A little missing book could create havoc not only in the house but even in my heart and mind.

I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing, as I couldn't decide on what was right to do. So I reviewed all the places where I searched for it first as if expecting the book to materialize from nowhere, but of course nothing came out from nothing.

I was still trying to figure out what happened to my book. Perhaps one of my children got hold of it one day, opened the pages, got interested, read, then left it somewhere and because it was small and covered only with a magazine page it probably found its play among the junk.

During my student days I was deprived of books and now I am just so in love with books that I really die a little whenever one favorite book of mine is misplaced or lost. I am optimistic that my book would materialize one day.

No comments: