Friday, August 24, 2007

DISGUISES

What you don't know won't hurt. There are things that are better kept a secret like experiences that must remain undiscovered; incidents and simple mistakes that mustn't be unearthed.

My wife is in home decor business, handling fragile items like crystals, porcelains and other breakables. Most of them are very expensive and care is needed in dealing with them. Yet, accident can happen and some damages occur every now and then. We don't sell damaged items nor do we throw them away. What I do is camouflage the damaged portions then bring them all inside my office-den to decorate and give it accent. Sometimes I arrange them in one neglected corner to make it look alive.

For a long time now nobody has ever discovered the damages. What I always hear are praises about my office for being neat and presentable with the use of expensive decors.

Some people can disguise their damages so well that they can sometimes pass as genuine. This piece is a good reminder that good-looking things are not always worth their external appearances just as good-looking persons are not always worth loving.

In porcelain there are simple test to find out if the item is fake or damaged. It is not easy to test human beings but with little care it is also possible and not really very difficult to know the fake as well as the damaged ones. The secret is not to rely on subjective feelings. Be also objective when dealing with persons.

1 comment:

jhengrin said...

It's really hard to determine a person by how he looks or what you only see in the outside. It is also depends on the persons personality on how he can hide his problems in his own unique way. What I mean is clowns have their own problems too, they just know how to handle or hide their pains in life. My friends says it seems I don't have any problem at all...I mean most of the time.Because they always see me smiling and just laughing like a child. I can hide my pains with other friends. But I have a friend who does not just look deep into my eyes but can see what is beyond my eyes and can see may pains whatever mask I wear.. So in short others might not notice if it is broken or not but time comes somebody will notice it.