Monday, August 13, 2007

Predicament

He is not tall, he is not dark but in his own way he is very handsome. He is a good conversationalist who could carry a lot of ideas about a lot of subject matters. Talking to him is simply enjoyable. He exudes goodness all the time even during moments of unguarded innocence.

He is in the middle of two great involvements and is presently groping for the correct inspiration to make the correct decision. His head says he should go on with his Opus Dei projects but make a vow not to marry. If he decides to marry he will be limited from Opus Dei activities.

So, I told him "Whenever you are in doubt always follow your heart. It is better to err on the heart side side for if you do you will end up happily. But if you err on the mind side, you may end up crazily".

I told him how he would deprive future children of a good father as he also admitted that it is his ambition to have children. So I said, "It is providential that we have this chance to talk. It may help you reach a better decision. Someday", I continued, "when I grow really old I wish I would meet someone who will tell me he is your son".

He presented a cute smile, nodded his head then kept silent as if in deep meditasstion. Shall he follow his heart?

No comments: