Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Words of Comfort

I saw him crying under the heat of the sun. He was robust, dignified-looking and handsome. He must be having a big trouble to be crying just after the mass that followed a retreat. Something must be eating him so I encouraged him to join me so we could iron-out whatever problem he had.

After some hesitations he followed me. A friend of him, the conductor of the choir where he belonged joined us. True enough he was nursing so much pain in his heart. His father, whom he doubted to be his real father, orphaned him. He was thinking that he was an illegitimate child.

His girlfriend was a widow with two children. He loved her but she committed immoralities that he couldn't swallow. But she kept on coming back to him and he kept on forgiving her out of pity. He sought the advice of a "professional" who first guided him but later scandalized him personally. He didn't know where to go and what to do. He was just so confused that often he inflicted pain on himself.

I advised him to see me for hypnotherapy but meantime I told him three important guidelines to follow. He shouldn't be cruel to himself, he shouldn't allow himself to be a slave of his own emotion; he should always remember that marriage is a lifetime partnership.

I told him that he was still young with plenty of opportunities ahead - and the future belongs to him. His face brightened, his attitude changed to optimism, hope was born in his heart and I think he even turned handsomer.

No comments: