Thursday, August 30, 2007

PROMDI

Death by accident is becoming very common as accident is getting more and more frequent. This is the consequence of progress. When everybody is in a hurry accident is not far behind.

A remember a young man with all the good potentialities died of a vehicular accident. I happened to know him because he was the classmate of my daughter. I met him when he volunteered at the Lingap Center where I was also a volunteer then. He was very healthy and full of promise for a prosperous future. Suddenly he was grabbed by death and with him went his hope and vision.

I recalled the incident because a similar accident just happened a few days ago. It involved a 20 your old young man who was very close to me because he often sought my advice. His new car was borrowed by his friend who just came from a party. Knowing that the friend had drinks he joined him in the car where he felt asleep. That was the time the car bump on a big tree along the way. Both of them died.

As I contemplated about these deaths I felt nostalgic about those days here in the province where I was far from the technologies of the modern times. Life here was peaceful but simple and enjoyable. I knew everybody because due to the nature of my job as a medical practitioner I had a chance to enter every house, made access to every room in every house, but most of all I won every heart of every person occupying every room in every house.

There was no happening that did not affect me; no celebration that I was not invited and felt very important. But that was long ago. The fast movement of modernity left behind even the memory. Now I am back to the province to enjoy my retirement period. I am still carrying the old-fashioned life style as I am still walking my way around town because I do not have a car and I honestly don not need one.

No comments: