Saturday, September 29, 2007

AGING PROCESS

'Pulsus deficit' is the medical term for skipping of the pulse beat. It is the sign of something wrong in the circulatory system. As I took my pulse the other day I discovered that I have 'pulsus deficit'. Occasionally, there was 'pulsus magnus' (strong pulse), another sign of something wrong. Added to that I experienced occasional shortness of breath and sometimes incessant coughing.

I was also experiencing this vague headache that came on and off plus a terrible attack of sleepiness even while reading a book, watching the Television or hearing the Mass. All the symptoms that I was experiencing were signs of aging and there was no way that I could deny that I was getting older.

As I reminisced my past life, I didn't see something very colorful for I was never a genuinely romantic; I didn't see much adventure as I was never truly daring; I didn't see something poetic as I was never really artistic; I didn't see great spiritual enlightenment either as I was never blindly religious.

But I could see many shadows, silhouettes and configurations passing across my fading memory. I was really beginning to feel old--- but with a genuinely positive attitude in life I was anticipating a return to my youthfulness, if not in age, at least in my heart and in my mind.

No comments: