Saturday, September 22, 2007

DIPLOMACY

Diplomacy is the act of convincing people in a nice way. It is the process of explaining things in a manner acceptable and/or tolerable.

Whenever there is trouble or misunderstanding, diplomacy is in order. This is usually executed by a person with "diplomatic" personality. Although there is a course that trains students to be diplomats, a diplomat is usually born.

Modesty aside, I think I have a diplomatic touch. In the practice of my profession I am often exposed to people and I can feel that I am by nature person-oriented.

I have indulged myself in many difficult situations and I can claim a high rate of success. If my success in diplomacy could be converted into cash, I should be a rich man by now.

While a professional diplomat earns much, a natural diplomat is not paid for his diplomatic works. But the sense of goodness after doing good, after being able to settle a problem or after helping in reconciling warring parties are more than enough compensation. There is nothing more valuable than the chance to be able to make other people happy.

No comments: