Thursday, September 20, 2007

OWN SHADOW

When I was young I was very small, in fact in the fourth year high school there was a time when I was the only one wearing short pants.

When everybody was growing pimples on their cheeks, my complexion was clear and clean, so I would rub my face on the faces of my friends who have pimples just so I could catch up with their growth.

In other things I wasn't left behind but in as far as my physique was concerned I was a late bloomer. When I married I was still thin so I drunk twelve bottles of beer daily hoping to grow big.

Now that my abdomen is bloated I find it difficult to tie my shoestrings. I find it burdensome just to sit straight and find it tiring to walk, yet all these things I have to do daily. I am trying to practice dieting and jogging but I am still getting bigger, probably to compensate for all my frustrations during my younger days.

Then I saw myself in my youngest son. When he was in first year high school he was wearing long pants but he still looked small because in reality he was still the smallest in class. But he had big ideas and performances. Then suddenly he also grew big in time with his big performances in sports. He had earned so many championship trophies in tennis, medals in soccer and many other citations.

No comments: