Thursday, September 13, 2007

CELEBRITIES

Celebrities are well known people. They are the luminaries, the V.I.P's. They are the people you want to meet or at least see closely. Considered as celebrities are politicians, entertainers, actors, actresses, singers, comedians, writers, TV personalities and popular people in sports specially basketball and boxing.

Having celebrities as patients in my clinic is something I can boast around. Once I attended to a veteran and award winning actress Tita Muñoz. I also had a chance to to treat Janice de Belen during her early days on TV. I have also as a patient, Consul to Bangkok as well as her father, a retired Judge.

Chito Blanco was a popular basketball player during his days in Ateneo. In 1981 I remember Cherry Valera, the Archer of the year that time and all the other Philippine Archers were under my care. I also attended to brothers Harmon and Jerry Cordiñera. the later belonged to Pure Foods Team who lately joined showbiz.

As patients they also have their own personal and family problems. Inside my clinic they ceased to be celebrities and I just felt very good doing them good.

Other celebrities who came my way were Alejandro Roces, Maria Montilibano, Loren Legarda, Jaime Licauco, Dr. Alfred Stetler, Rene Mariano, Felice Sta. Maria, Nick Enciso, General Fidel Ramos (later to become president of the Republic). I also had a chance to mingle with Gen. Eduardo Ermita, the late Rene Cayetano, Congressman Roilo Golez, Senator Manny Villar, Senator Bong Revilla, Rudy Fernandez and Lorna Tolentino. One time during one of my travels I had a chance to sit side-by-side with Diether Ocampo and Rica Peralejo as well as Piolo Pascual. Most of the celebrities I had been in contact with were also down-to-earth and very humane.

Lately my guests at jardin Gaudom were Ross Harper-Alonso, Ika Laurel and Juddha Paolo.

No comments: