Friday, September 28, 2007

HOMEWORKS

Homeworks and assignments were parts and parcels of student's life but when a teacher assign projects in every subject and homeworks everyday, he was not being helpful and he was not really teaching but rather confusing his students. I realized this when my children were still in the elementary and high school.

I noticed my freshman son was getting very temperamental one night. I decided to find out and I discovered that in science alone he was expected to cut pictures and write a two-page reaction, typewritten in long bands on each of the following subjects: Geology, Hydrology, Oceanology, Meteorology, Astronomy, and Volcanology. Did the teacher think anybody can really do it correctly in one week? In Christian Living at about the same time, my son's homework was to look for and cut out pictures of Churches in the Philippines.

I knew there were calendars that carry pictures of old churches but where to find those calendars then was another problem.

Aside form homeworks and projects students were expected to join field trips on every subject matter discussed in school.

I congratulated my children just for passing.

No comments: